From recent road converts, to sultans of gravel speed, the new S-Works Recon delivers pavement-bred performance to the gravel discipline. Guided by more than 100,000 foot scans from our RETÜL fit data, we recognized that both a standard and a wide carbon base plate would best serve the spectrum of human foot shapes. An internal I-Beam adds stiffness and strength, eliminating the need for additional bracing. The result is an intentional fit, that's stiff, comfortable, and tunable—to put the power down.
Inside and out, Body Geometry technology is baked into the S-Works Recon. Driven by nearly two decades of development and validated by data, we ensure there is no pain points, only performance, where your body meets the bike. Through our creation of the Varus Wedge, Longitudinal Arch, and Metatarsal Button, your feet stay in their most optimal position when pedaling—as well as in line with your knee and hips.
- High-density pontoons and new shims allow riders to tune their pedal interface for maximum efficiency and a road-like pedal platform
- Features Body Geometry technology by way of the Varus Wedge, a Longitudinal Arch, and Metatarsal Button
- Asymmetrical heel counter supports the medial side while removing material from the lateral side, allowing for a lower collar.
- Using an Internal I-Beam adds stiffness and strength—eliminating the need for additional bracing and allowing the shoe to stay extremely lightweight
- Zoned reinforcement across quarter and forefoot maximizes support while the updated BOA® routing improves lockdown—eliminating the need for a toe strap
- Additional 3mm, 6mm, and 9mm pontoon shims for leg length discrepancy and cleat stacker available through Specialized Rider Care.
- For a wider fit — the new base plate is 4mm wider than the standard width (8mm wider than S-Works Recon Mountain Bike Shoes).
- 280g for a size 156
* Subject to change without notice.